PITTSBURGH, Jan. 17, 2018 – PNC Bank, N.A. is now providing banking services to Point Park University students and employees in Pittsburgh. Expanding its longstanding relationship with Point Park, PNC now offers student and workplace banking, as well as financial education programs for the university’s more than 5,400 students, faculty and staff members.
"A college education is an important decision with long-ranging financial implications,” said Point Park President Paul Hennigan. “Point Park University is committed to ensuring that our students receive the highest-quality education and graduate on time. This new relationship with PNC ensures that our students have access to financial knowledge that will assist them in making smart and responsible banking decisions that lead to their success."
The financial education component was designed to help prepare students to handle their personal finances. With many young adults living on their own for the first time, learning to budget and manage credit and debt will help them develop smart habits that last a lifetime.
“Point Park University and PNC recognize that smart consumers are essential to a functioning economy,” said Louis R. Cestello, PNC regional president for Pittsburgh. “This relationship provides on-campus financial education that will help prepare students to make smart and responsible banking choices with tools and guidance from PNC.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Virtual Wallet® Student accounts for Point Park students. The account is equipped with technology to help students monitor spending and view account balances. It also is designed to help safeguard customers from financial mistakes and unnecessary fees.
- On-site workshops on personal financial management and financial education. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing, identity protection and home buying.
- A co-branded website, hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
- Three ATMs: Lawrence Hall, Student Center and Pittsburgh Playhouse.
- A co-branded Visa debit card that features an iconic image of the university.
- PNC’s participation in on-campus employment events for students.
PNC has relationships with more than 400 schools across 19 states and the District of Columbia.
About Point Park University
Founded in 1960, Point Park University, a College of Distinction, is a dynamic, urban university with a strong liberal arts tradition. Located in Downtown Pittsburgh, Point Park enrolls more than 4,000 full- and part-time students in more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs offered through the School of Arts and Sciences, Rowland School of Business, School of Communication and Conservatory of Performing Arts. Visit PointPark.edu to learn more.
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.