LOUISVILLE, KY., Oct. 3, 2018 – PNC Bank, N.A. is now providing banking services to University of Louisville students and employees as the official bank of the university. Expanding its longstanding relationship with UofL, PNC now offers student and workplace banking, as well as financial education programs for the university’s more than 29,000 students, faculty and staff.
"We are pleased to enter into this agreement and appreciate PNC’s long-term support of the University of Louisville,” said UofL President Neeli Bendapudi. “This partnership provides convenience and financial management educational opportunities to students, faculty and staff, as well as resources to help achieve our university’s educational, research and community outreach mission.”
“With many young adults living on their own for the first time, learning to budget and manage credit and debt will help them develop smart habits that last a lifetime,” said Chuck Denny, PNC regional president for Louisville. “The University of Louisville and PNC recognize that financially savvy consumers are essential to a functioning economy. This relationship provides on-campus financial education that will help prepare students to make smart and responsible banking choices with tools and guidance from PNC.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Financial and consulting support for financial wellness programming, with on-campus PNC workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing and identity protection.
- Up to seven ATMs throughout the university’s campus. At least two will be DepositEasySM ATMs, which allow students, faculty and staff to cash checks, deposit checks or cash directly into their accounts and withdraw cash in increments as small as $1 bills.
- Access to PNC deposit products and services, including Virtual Wallet® Student accounts for University of Louisville students. These features include tools to help students monitor spending, view account balances and avoid account-management mistakes.
- A co-branded University of Louisville debit card available to all PNC deposit account holders.
- The capability for PNC account holders to link their account to their Cardinal Card ID, which can be used to conveniently access cash at all PNC ATMs.
- A co-branded website, hosted by PNC Bank, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
About the University of Louisville
Founded in 1798, the University of Louisville is a state-supported research university located in Kentucky's largest metropolitan area. The university serves more than 22,000 students each year through undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in 12 colleges and schools. The university has been recognized and honored for efforts in research, community engagement initiatives and commitment to diversity. UofL is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference for both academics and athletics. For more information, visit louisville.edu.
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE