PNC Bank Tops One Million Virtual Wallet® Accounts
- Milestone Signals Continued Growth and Popularity for Account That Helps Customers Save and Spend Smarter -
Jun 12, 2012
PITTSBURGH, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PNC Bank announced today that its Virtual Wallet® product has surpassed one million accounts in the latest example of success for the online and mobile banking tool.
"Virtual Wallet continues to be focused around the wants and needs of the customer," said Mike Ley, vice president of E-business and Payments at PNC. "The excitement for the product motivates us to continue to innovate and design products that let customers bank whenever and wherever they want."
PNC continues to add new and innovative features to Virtual Wallet. Since 2008, it has updated or enhanced the product nearly 40 times. Last summer, it introduced the popular mobile deposit feature that allows customers to deposit checks using the camera on their smartphone. Other recent additions include:
- September 2011: Virtual Wallet launched app for Android phone users
- March 2011: Virtual Wallet Performance Spend account launched
- August 2010: Credit card integration; budgeting tools and mobile alerts added
- February 2010: Virtual Wallet blog launched (82,000 users to date)
- July 2009: Virtual Wallet Student launched
Virtual Wallet is a visual online banking tool that combines a traditional checking account with long-term and short-term savings accounts. The product is designed to help customers save and spend smarter, and avoid unnecessary fees. Since its launch in 2008, it has quickly become PNC's flagship retail account.
PNC Bank is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC (www.pnc.com) is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. Follow @PNCNews on Twitter for breaking news and announcements from PNC.
SOURCE PNC Bank