FAYETTEVILLE, N.C., Aug. 12, 2019 – PNC Bank, N.A., today announced an agreement with Fayetteville State University to provide banking services and financial education programs for the school’s 7,200 students, faculty and staff.
“Fayetteville State University is committed to ensuring that our students receive the highest-quality education and graduate prepared for life,” said Carlton Spellman, vice chancellor for Business and Finance. “This new relationship with PNC will help our students have access to financial knowledge that will assist them in making smart and responsible banking decisions that promote lifelong success."
The financial education component is designed to help prepare students to understand and manage personal finances.
“Fayetteville State University and PNC recognize that financial education is essential to a well-rounded college experience,” said Jim Hansen, PNC regional president of Eastern Carolinas. With many young adults living on their own for the first time, learning to budget and manage credit and debt will help them develop smart habits.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Virtual Wallet® Student accounts which are equipped with technology to help students monitor spending and view account balances. They also are designed to help safeguard customers from financial mistakes and unnecessary fees.
- PNC My Finance Academy, a new financial education program that features PNC-branded articles, podcasts, emails, video webcasts and social media messaging that are easily accessible to students.
- A co-branded website, hosted by PNC, where students and employees can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
- One advanced-function DepositEasySM ATM. The machine allows students, faculty and staff to withdraw cash (including $1 bills), cash and deposit checks, deposit cash into their accounts and interact with a PNC advisor. It is located in the Rudolph Jones Student Center.
- The capability to link PNC accounts to Fayetteville State University student and employee ID cards, which will allow them to be used to access cash at all PNC ATMs as well as making PIN based point-of-sale purchases and transactions.
- A co-branded debit card that features an iconic image of the University available to students, staff, alumni and PNC account holders.
About Fayetteville State University
Fayetteville State University is a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina and the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state, having been founded in 1867. FSU is a historically black university offering degrees at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. With more than 6,300 students, Fayetteville State University is among the most diverse institutions in the nation. To learn more about Fayetteville State University, visit https://www.uncfsu.edu.
About PNC Bank
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.